Would you like to learn about the transfer code for Standard Chartered Bank?
Are you aware that Standard Chartered Bank has a simple and easy way to bank on your mobile phone from the comfort of your home or office?
Well, your feet have led you right, because this article is dedicated to bringing you basic information on the Transfer code for Standard Chartered bank.
Life has so many experiences, especially the sudden happenings. And as regards banking operations, many of us have had different experiences.
You may have been somewhere without access to a bank, ATM or pos and you needed to make an urgent transaction, confirm your account number, or much worse your ATM card just got stolen and you needed to block it urgently.
While I’d love to hear those experiences, this article is to show you that you can carry out all those transactions and more without a bank, ATM or POS, but with the transfer code.
What is the Standard Chartered bank (SCB) transfer code?
Simple! The transfer code for SCB is *977#.
It is a quick and convenient way to manage and perform transactions on your account.
It can be accessed anytime and anywhere as long as you have service on your mobile phone.
Available Services on the USSD code
- Funds transfer.
- Airtime purchase for self and others (*977*amount and *977*amount*phone number# respectively)
- Data subscription for self and others (*977*2# and *977*2*phone number#)
- Bill payments. You can pay utility bills and TV subscription.
- Request for mini account statements.
- Reset and change your PIN .
- Balance enquiry (977*00#)
- Blocking service. (*977*911#) You can block your mobile number from accessing the USSD banking service. You can also block any transactions on all your accounts and debit cards. This is very handy in the case of theft.
Registration requirements for the SCB transfer code
- You must have an active account with SCB.
- You can only register and use this service with the mobile number linked to your account.
- It is opened to individual and Naira account holders.
How to register and activate for the Standard Chartered Bank USSD code
The registration process is easy, well if you judiciously follow these steps:
- Dial the magic numbers, *977# on your mobile phone.
- Select option ‘1’ to register
- Accurately provide your account number, your BVN and your date of birth.
- You will be prompted to create a 6-digit PIN. Input any PIN of your choice, just make sure it’s not easy to think up.
- Reenter the selected PIN to confirm it.
- You will be informed if your registration is successful.
How to transfer funds using the transfer code for Standard Chartered Bank
- Simply dial *977*Amount*Account number#
- A list of banks would be shown to you to choose from. Input the number corresponding to the recipient’s bank.
- Confirm the bank name and account number of the recipient to ensure a smooth transaction.
- Enter PIN to authenticate the transaction and it’s complete.
- Dial *977#
- Select option ‘1’ for transfer.
- You would be presented with various options regarding funds transfer. (1. Own account, 2. Standard Chartered account, 3. Other banks) Select the appropriate number.
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Enter the beneficiary account number.
- Select the bank from the list presented to you.
- Enter your PIN to authenticate and await the success message.
Transactions Limits on the USSD code
You have a limit of N20,000 per transaction and N100,000 per day. However, for transactions above N20,000, you will need to create another PIN which is called the 2nd-level USSD PIN.
I have brought you info on the Transfer code for Standard Chartered Bank. Let me know in the comment section if it helped. Also read other similar articles recommended for you below.
- How To Open Standard Chartered Bank Account Online And Get Your Account Number Instantly
- Standard Chartered Bank Mobile App: How To Register, Activate, Login & Transfer Money On The Mobile Banking App
- The Transfer Code for Ecobank: How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money With It
- The Transfer Code For Wema Bank And How To Use It
- Transfer Code For Sterling Bank: How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money With It
- The Transfer Code for Fidelity Bank And How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money With It
- The Transfer Code for Polaris Bank And How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money With It
- The Transfer Code For First Bank of Nigeria And How To Use It
- The Transfer Code for Union Bank And How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money With It
- The Transfer Code For FCMB And How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money With It
- The Transfer Code For GTBank (How To Register, Activate And Use It)
- The Transfer Code For UBA And How To Use It
- Transfer Code For Zenith Bank And How To Use It
- Transfer Code for Access Bank Nigeria And How To Use It
- Unity Bank Transfer Code: How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money
- The Transfer Code for Keystone Bank And How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money With It