This article features Pace University tuition, admission requirements and acceptance rate.
Pace University is a private university that was established as a business school by the brothers Charles A. and Homer St. Clair Pace. It has its main campus in New York City and its secondary campus is located in Westchester County in New York.
Pace University’s former name is Pace Institute, and the school’s motto is ‘opportunistas’.
How The School Was Founded
Pace Brothers, Charles Ashford Pace and Homer Clair Pace decided in 1906 to operate their accountancy and business school. With a $600 loan, the project took off with the renting of a classroom on one of the New York Tribune building floors.
The first class comprises 13 men and women who were taught by the Paces. The school soon got a nationwide expansion and was incorporated as Pace institute. It offers courses in business law and accountancy across several US cities. It is a project that actually witnessed accelerated growth. Pace College’s petition to obtain a university status was granted in 1973.
Why Pace University Is Worth It?
Pace has 1,238 academic staff, out of which 484 are full-time staff. Its administrative staff is around 1,527, while its financial endowment as of 2020 is $193.8million.
Pace University was ranked number 202 by US News and World Report in 2020. The school’s sporting affiliations include;
- Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC)
- The Northeast 10 Conference
- National College Athletic Association Division II (NCAA Division II)
Pace University has 6 Colleges and schools, which feature about 100 majors. The 6 Colleges and schools at Pace University are;
- Elizabeth Haub School of Law
- Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems
- College of Health Professions
- Lubin School of Business
- School of Education
- Dyson College of Arts and Sciences
Pave University’s campus size is about 218 acres, and it has an undergraduate student enrolment of about 7,994 and 4,841 graduate students which includes doctoral and law. 49 states and 120 countries are represented in the student figures.
The school’s international student percentage is 11%. The male students at Pace University are 64%, while female students stand at 36%. Undergraduate degree programs at the University total 135, while graduate degree programs numbers 89.
95% of first-year students at Pace University are receiving Financial aid, while 90% of its undergraduate gets Post Graduation Job Placement. The average class size at Pace is 20.
The University is accredited by the Middle State Commission on Higher Education, an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the US Secretary of Education.
Pace’s Haub School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association. The Lubin School of Business is accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) for both Business and Accounting
Pace University Admission Requirements, Eligibility
If you are planning to enter Pace University, it sure you would like to know the entry requirements, and here in this section, we are going to be giving you that.
For undergraduate admission requirements;
- You must have completed a secondary/high school or must have a GED diploma
- Pace University does not require SAT or ACT scores for most of its applicants.
If you are an international student you must meet up with the required proof of English proficiency test requirement, either Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score for Pace University.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is required.
- If you are applying for a nursing program, you must have a 3.0 GPA. However, you may still be considered for admission with a less than 2.5 GPA, but you should discuss your academic performance in your essay.
Transfer students must meet up with the needed required credit numbers to qualify for a transfer to Pace. This requirement varies depending on the programs in view. You may check the school website to get the specific credit required for a transfer to your program of choice.
For graduate admission;
- You must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- You may also apply if you are currently in your senior year at an undergraduate institution, with attendance being contingent upon the receipt of a final transcript that will indicate receipt of all senior grades and a bachelor’s degree
- If you are an international student/applicant, who finished from an institution outside the US, you must hold a bachelor’s degree equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree
- You must also meet up with the required proof of English proficiency test scores standard set by Pace University
- If you are aiming for a non-degree program study at Pace University, something like taking a graduate-level course and not ready to enrol for a full program. The criteria to qualify are determined by previous educational background or professional experience acquired
These are some of the major eligibility criteria needed to enter Pace University. If you desire to check out specific requirements for each course, school or college, do well to visit the Pace University website to get all about that
Pace University Acceptance Rate
The SAT Score (EBRW + Math) for Pace University is around 1120 to 1310, while the ACT score is around 23 to 28. Pave University’s acceptance rate is around 83%, well above the national acceptance rate average for American Universities and Colleges. However, despite this, Pace University is still tagged as selective in its acceptance.
Pace University Tuition, Fees
So what are the fees like at Pace University, especially the tuition? I am sure you would want/like to know especially if you are a potential Pace applicant or know someone who is.
Before we talk about the tuition and other fees in school, you must understand that to apply for entry to Pace University, first you have to pay a $50 non-refundable application fee.
For fees at Pace, tuition is around $46,978, while it is $51,968 for those in Pace School of Performing Arts. Standard fees is $1,962, Room and Board for the Winchester campus are $16,820, while for the New York campus is $20,356.
Books go for around $800, transportation $600, Personal Expenses $1,418. For RN to BS completion program at Pace University, the amount is $680/credit.
And this is the end of this piece about Pace University, its history, structure, fees and acceptance rate. If this feels like a school you’d like to be and you get all it takes to get in, then go ahead and apply. Do not forget to share this piece with someone online.
- Texas Tech Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate
- Online Schools That Give Refund Checks And Laptops
- Yale University Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate
- Top 20 Online Doctoral Programs Without Dissertation – The Cheapest And Fastest Ones
- Notre Dame Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate
- Tuition-Free Universities In Canada For International Students
- University Of Florida Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate
- Top 10 Best Universities In the USA