Are you searching online for Northeastern University ranking, acceptance rate, tuition, admission requirements or application portal? You have landed on the right page! This article features all you need to know about Northeastern University. Read on!
Northeastern University popularly called NEU is a private research university which was established in 1898 (124 years ago) with its main campus in Boston, Massachusetts. They offer undergraduate and graduate programs on their main campus in Boston, Massachusetts.
The University has satellite campuses in Charlotte, North Carolina, Seattle, San Jose, Oakland, Portland, Maine; and Toronto and Vancouver in Canada. The Northeastern University also purchased the New College of the Humanities in London, England in 2019.
NEU’s enrollment is approximately 19,000 undergraduate students and 8,600 post-graduate students. The University is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities, which means, “Very high research activity”.
Now, let’s fully discuss Northeastern University Ranking, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission Requirements And Application Portal.
Northeastern University Ranking
Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted factors. Each university ranking uses the following factors; Academic reputation, Graduation rates, Research citations and papers published.
See the position of NEU in our order of rankings to get a better knowledge of the institution’s offerings:
- #49 in National Universities (tie)
- #58 in Best Undergraduate Teaching (tie)
- #104 in Best Value Schools
- #11 in Most Innovative Schools (tie)
- #297 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
- #45 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (tie)
- #120 in Nursing (tie)
- #18 in Study Abroad
- #14 in Service Learning (tie)
- #74 in First-Year Experiences (tie)
- #14 in Senior Capstone (tie)
- #1 in Co-ops/Internships
Northeastern University Acceptance Rate
Northeastern’s 2020 acceptance rate for undergraduate students was 18.1%. That is, for every 100 applicants, 18 are admitted, for example, in the Class of 2024, Northeastern received 64,459 applications, with 13,199 students accepted (20.5%).
The record number of applications led to a drop in acceptance rate by 8% in 2018, lower than the previous year. Additionally, Northeastern University was one of the top ten most applied colleges in the United States in 2018.
Below is a table that shows the applicants, admission rate and enrolled students.
Fall Enrollment Statistics
Looking at both undergraduate and graduate students in NEU, the number of international students is more than 12,000 in total representing 138 different countries and over half of the student body. The number of international students at NEU has constantly increased by about 1,000 students every year since 2008.
Northeastern University Tuition
NEU’s tuition is $57,592. Compared to the national average cost of tuition in the country which is $41,281, Northeastern University is more expensive. These stated figures include both tuition and fees.
Fees may differ by institution and program of study and may fund library services, student gym facilities, student centres, technology resources and campus health centres.
All tuition and fees are subject to change by Northeastern University’s Board of Trustees without public announcement.
|Per Summer I or Summer II Session||$14,125|
|Per-credit Hour Rate||$1,766|
|N.U.in Fall Semester Programs||$37,135|
|NU Immerse Program||$22,175|
|Study Abroad (for more information on costs and programs, visit the GEO official website)||$28,250|
|Dialogue of Civilizations (for more information on costs and programs, visit the GEO official website)||$14,125|
|6th Year PharmD (effective summer term 2021)||$15,395|
|6th Year Physical Therapy (effective summer term 2021)||$13,395|
|Accelerated BSN||$1,186 (per credit hour)|
|Fee Type||Semester||Summer Session|
|International Student Fee (one-time)||$350|
|Residential Student Fee||$32||$16|
|Student Activity Fee (per year)||$148|
|Student Center Fee||$70||$35|
|Student Recreation Fee||$60||$35|
|Undergraduate Student Fee (in class or when studying abroad)||$310||$155|
|Semester in Silicon Valley Program Fee (D’Amore McKim Business School)||$1,500|
|Undergraduate Day Admissions Application||$75|
|Graduate Programs||Visit the Graduate Programs website at https://www.northeastern.edu/graduate/admissions-information/how-to-apply/the-process/|
Late Fee And Returned Check Fee
|Returned Check Fee/Stop Payment||$25|
Late fees can be paid to accounts any time of your choice after the due date if the account remains fully or partially unpaid.
|Husky ID Replacement Fee||$25|
|Music Lab Fee||$732|
Northeastern University Student Health Plan
|Health Plan Fee (Undergraduate Day and Law)||$2,299|
|Health Plan Fee (CPS and Graduate Programs).||$2,299|
|University Health and Counseling Center Fee (Classroom Project Scale and Graduate)||$225|
At Northeastern University, the total net cost is $75,732. For additional information regarding the Northeastern University tuition and fee, kindly visit https://studentfinance.northeastern.edu/billing-payments/tuition-and-fees/
Want to Study On Scholarship? See Any Of These Opportunities
- Fulbright Scholarship: Acceptance Rate, Requirements And Application Process
- Excelsior Scholarship Program USA: Application Requirements, Deadline And How To Apply
- Arkwright Scholarship UK: Requirements And How To Apply
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (Fully Funded): Requirements And How To Apply
- Chevening Scholarship UK For International Students: Requirements And How To Apply
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund USA: Requirements And Application Guide
- Brighter Future Scholarship USA: Requirements And Application Guide
Northeastern University Admission Requirements
To have the best shot of getting into the Northeastern University, you should aim for the 75th percentile, with a 1540 Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) score or a 35 American College Test (ACT) score.
You should also have a GPA of 4.04 or higher. If you have a lower GPA, you will need to compensate with a higher SAT/ACT score.
Below is a statistics table that shows the number of admitted applicants and their SAT/ACT Score.
Northeastern University Application Portal
The Northeastern University Application portal allows you to stay up-to-date on your application. With the school portal, you can perform the following actions:
- You get to receive new information so you won’t miss out
- You can upload certain documents to your application
- You’ll be able to view the personal information and make necessary changes
- You can take note of deadlines
- You’ll be able to view the program and college to which you applied and make necessary changes
Log on to https://ugadmissions.northeastern.edu/ApplicantApp/ApplicantAppLogin.asp to access your application status.
Final Words On Northeastern University Ranking, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
Northeastern University is a top tier research school. It is highly demanding and challenging, also they are very selective in with an acceptance rate of 18.1%, but at the same time, it offers a lot of opportunities.
Was this information useful to you? Read similar posts recommended for you below.
- What’s A Good GPA? How To Calculate GPA In College
- Top 10 Distance Learning Courses For Online Study
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate, Tuition And Ranking
- MIT Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses Catalogue, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Penn State Tuition: Penn State University Undergraduate Tuition And Fees
- 10 Best Free Online Classes For Adults You Probably Didn’t Know Exist
- Stevens University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses Catalogue, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Villanova University Ranking, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- USC Tuition, Programs, Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Chamberlain College Of Nursing – Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements, Tuition, Student Portal And Reviews