Are you searching online for how to apply for National Insurance Number in UK? This is the right webpage for you! This article features a complete guide on how you can easily submit an application for your national insurance number. Continue reading!
If you’re planning on working in the UK, you need a National Insurance Number. There are some cases where you can start work without the NINO but you’ll have to show proof that you have the “right to work.”
Who Can Apply For National Insurance Number?
Anybody who resides in the UK and have the right to work can apply for a National Insurance Number. You must also be seeking for a job or have an offer to start work in the UK or if you have started work already, you can still put in your application.
You cannot apply if you:
- Have misplaced your national insurance number
- Are a UK residence under 19 years old
- Have a biometric residence permit (BRP), since it comes along with a National insurance number
- Are applying for the national insurance number because you want to get a student loan or grant
If you’ve misplaced your NINO, you can still get it by simply logging on to the national insurance official website at https://www.gov.uk/lost-national-insurance-number
If you reside in the UK and you’re under 19 years old, a National Insurance Number will be sent to you automatically within the 3 months before your 16th birthday. Your National Insurance Number will be sent to you if only the following is true:
- You live in the UK
- A child benefit claim has been filled by your parent(s)
You do not need a National Insurance Number to apply for a student loan or grant. Once your application is reviewed and accepted, a National Insurance Number will be sent to you automatically.
Here’s How To Apply For National Insurance Number In United Kingdom
You can apply for a national insurance number online via this website.
You’ll need to provide the following documents:
- A national passport (from any country)
- A biometric residence permit (BRP)
- You can also use a national identity card from any country in the European Union (EU), Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland.
You can still get it even if you don’t have the above documents, but you’ll need to prove your identity by attending an appointment.
You may be able to prove your identity online by uploading a digital photo of your identity document and yourself.
After a successful application, you’ll get an email containing your application reference number, the email will inform you if you need to provide more proof of your identity.
How Long Does It Take To Get My National Insurance Number After Applying?
It can take up to 4 months for you to get your National Insurance number after you have submitted your proof of identity.
You need a national insurance number to ensure that the tax you pay and your national insurance contribution are recorded on your name only, you can get for your NINO online at https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
Was this information useful to you? Read similar posts recommended for you below.
- Very Bad Credit Loans Direct Lenders UK
- Loans For People On Benefits – Direct Lenders In UK, No Upfront Fee
- Best Mobile Phone Insurance Companies In UK: Top 10
- Student Loans Plan 1 or 2: How Student Loan Repayment Works
- Student Loans Company Scotland: Phone Number, Email Address And Other Contact Details
- Doorstep Loans: Top 10 Home Credit Loan Companies In UK