If you want to know the baggage allowance on Air Peace, British Airways, Qatar Airways, or Turkish Airlines presently, you are at the right place.
In this article, we will explain to you everything you need to know about the baggage allowance on Air Peace, British Airways, Qatar Airways, and Turkish Airlines. Therefore ensure you read till the end.
What is the Baggage Allowance on Air Peace, British Airways, Qatar Airways, and Turkish Airlines?
Let’s briefly take a look at the current baggage allowance on the mentioned airlines respectively:
Baggage Allowance on Air Peace
Air Peace is a privately owned Nigerian airline that was established in 2013, with its headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Besides flying to many locations in West Africa and the Middle East, Air Peace offers passenger and charter services in all of Nigeria’s main cities.
Nigerian attorney and businessman Allen Onyema established Air Peace in 2013.
The airline’s first fleets were Dornier 328 and Boeing 737 aircraft.
Here’s a breakdown of the Air Peace baggage allowance.
Air Peace Airline Carry-on Baggage Allowance
For Domestic and Regional Flights:
- Economy class: 6kg
- Business class: 10kg
For International Flights:
- Economy class: 7kg+ a small handbag
- Business class: 14kg + a small handbag
- The dimension not more than 45x33x20 cm
Air Peace Airline Checked Baggage Allowance
For Domestic Flights:
- Economy class: 20kg
- Business class: 40kg
For International Flights: 3 piece
- Economy class: 23kg
- Business class: 32kg
For Regional Flights:
- Economy class: 30kg
- Business class: 40kg
Air Peace Airline Excess Baggage Allowance
- For Domestic Flights: N500 per kilogram to be paid at the Airport.
- For International Flights: $3 per kilogram to be paid at the Airport.
- For Regional Flights:$100 per bag to be paid at the Airport.
Baggage Allowance on British Airways
British Airways has a very traditional baggage allowance system, based on cabin class.
The cost of each extra piece of luggage is determined by when your baggage allowance was bought, your cabin class, and, occasionally, whether you are flying from Gatwick/Stanstead or another route.
British Airways Carry-on Allowance
1 handbag/laptop bag: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE
- Personal item: 16 x 12 x 6 inches (40 x 30 x 15 cm), up to 51 pounds (23 kg)
- Standard carry-on: 22 x 18 x 10 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm), up to 51 pounds (23 kg)
Lap Infant Carry-on Policy:
- 1 extra cabin bag is allowed for goods needed during the flight
- Up to 22 x 18 x 10 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm), up to 51 pounds (23 kg)
Stroller Check Policy:
- Each child is permitted one free stroller check at the gate.
- You can bring a compact, wholly foldable stroller (with maximum dimensions: 46 x 15 x 15 inches/117 x 38 x 38 cm (when folded)) to the gate and pick it up outside the landing gate when you get there.
- You can bring a stroller that folds down into a carry bag instead of your regular carry-on bag, as long as it doesn’t surpass the maximum carry-on bag dimensions.
- Bigger strollers can be picked up at the baggage carousel in the baggage hall if they were checked at the gate.
Baggage Allowance on Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways offers a large baggage allowance for all flights that utilize the weight approach (apart from those going to/from Africa or the Americas).
The allowance for economy passengers ranges from 55 pounds (25 kg) to 77 pounds (35 kg), based on the route.
Despite the fact that this allowance is large, watch out for Qatar Airways’ expensive excess costs, which are levied per kilogram and can mount up rapidly.
Qatar Airways Carry-on Allowance
1 Personal Item: FREE
Standard Carry-on Bag:
- Economy Class: 1 FREE bag up to 15 pounds (7 kg)
- First Class and Business Class: 2 FREE bags with an overall total weight of 33 pounds (15 kg)
- Personal: Qatar Airlines indicates that goods like a purse or small briefcase are allowed, although no size restriction has been specified.
- Carry-on: 20 x 15 x 10 inches (50 x 37 x 25 cm)
Lap Infant Carry-on Policy
- Infants are not allowed to bring any carry-on baggage, thus any goods must be brought in the carry-on of an adult.
Stroller Check Policy
- Passengers can check one item like a stroller or carrycot at no cost. An infant is allowed one piece of checked baggage of about 50 pounds (23 kg) and 45 inches on flights to or from Africa or the Americas (115 cm). However, the allowance is 1 x 22 pound (10 kg) bag for every other route.
Baggage Allowance on Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines uses a weight system for some international routes and a piece system for others.
The piece system for travel to and from America is 2 checked bags per passenger for economy and business classes, with a large 70 pounds (32 kg) for the latter.
When you reach the Elite or Elite Plus level with Turkish Airlines’ loyalty program Miles&Smiles, you will be allowed to check an extra piece of baggage.
Turkish Airlines Carry-on Allowance
1 personal item: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE (2 free bags for business class passengers)
Size and Weight Limitations
- Personal: 5.9 x 11.8 x 15.7 inches (15 x 30 x 40 cm)
- Standard: 21.6 x 15.7 x 9 inches (55 x 40 x 23 cm); the maximum weight for each item is 17.6 pounds (8 kg)
Lap Infant Carry-on Policy
- Infants are allowed one carry-on item that weighs no more than 17.6 pounds (8 kg)
- Strollers are not allowed in the cabin
Stroller Gate Check Policy
- A foldable stroller may be carried without fee as checked baggage either at the gate or at the check-in counter.
These are the baggage allowance on Air Peace, British Airways, Qatar Airways, and Turkish Airlines. I hope you find the information here useful.