Are you searching for universities offering Master’s degree online? You’re at the right place. This article features a list of the top 10 best universities offering Master’s degree online in USA. Read on!
There are so many institutions offering online Master’s degrees and their popularity is constantly increasing, it’s hard not to consider that distance-learning might be an excellent study option for you.
Benefits Of Online Master’s Degree
We know that just because online Master’s degrees is popular is definitely not the main criteria for deciding on going for it. That is why we’ve made a list with some of the most important benefits that makes obtaining a Master’s degree online appealing to millions of students worldwide.
- Study From Anywhere
Online postgraduate degrees are a great compromise, it allows students to pursue their dreams and deepen their knowledge irrespective of their location. All you need is a computer or a portable device (laptop, smartphone) and a good internet connection.
You can study an online Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at your own convenience, while living with your parents (and saving money for a personal project), or you can even travel around the country for one reason or the other, without interrupting your studies.
- Study At Your Own Pace
It is compulsory for students to attend classes in an on-campus course, sometimes classes are set very early in the morning, other times during the evening. You might want to go out with your friend or do something important, also it might be very cold to leave your room.
With Online courses, you can study whenever you want. It doesn’t matter if you’re a night owl or an early bird, you can study at your own pace. You will also have time for volunteering, internships or passions (e.g. learning how to design a website, preparing to start-up a business).
- Advance Your Career While Studying
Most people choose online Master’s programs because they want to advance in their careers. They want to keep working and seize the opportunity to develop new skills or learn the latest practices and strategies in their field.
An online Master’s degree also add a great value to your CV. It shows your employer that you are ambitious and have the necessary discipline to manage multiple priorities and challenges. It also shows that you have great digital skills, which are necessary nowadays.
You will be required to put in a lot of effort to find a balance between work and study responsibilities. If we take into consideration other commitments, like family and personal projects, it’s easy to understand how hard it can be.
- Liberty To Study Any Master’s Discipline
Distance learning has advanced greatly! Nowadays, you can study almost any discipline or course online. From Computer Science to Business Administration, from Engineering to Accounting, there are thousands of online Master’s courses designed for the needs of the modern student.
However, it is important to note that, there are some programs that are more in-demand than others, there’s a program for almost anyone interested.
- Fewer Requirements
A lot of online Master’s degrees have rolling admission. This simply means that you can apply at any time, and the university staff will evaluate your application. As soon as the evaluation is done, you’ll receive a response and you’ll be able to complete the final steps and start your studies.
Although this is not a rule, but you’ll find a lot of distance learning courses which have fewer or less demanding admission requirements. This depends on the institution and the type of degree.
For example, you might be accepted even if you have a minimum GPA from your previous studies. It is also uncommon for online courses to have age restrictions for their students.
- Receive Great Support
Just because you’re studying online does not mean you are left alone in the maze of digital studies. Most distance learning programs are designed to offer you support from online tutors and individual feedback to keep you on the right track.
You can also arrange appointments and video calls with supervisors, as well as contact the student support services at your own convenience for technical or administrative issues. You will also participate in online messaging and social media groups with fellow students.
- Cost Effective
Going for an online Master’s degree can be a better option for students who have a limited resources. Online programs are usually much cheaper than on-campus courses because they don’t require much resources to organize. You will get to save a whole lot of money for other needs.
Furthermore, Materials and lectures are available on a virtual platform and can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere. Additionally, online conferences between professors and students are organized frequently. This enables both future graduates and academic staff members to invest their time in other activities.
Top 10 Universities Offering Master’s Degree Online
- Johns Hopkins University: The University is committed to helping the self-development of its students and encouraging the collaboration between their students and the university’s faculty leading to discoveries that improve lives.
- Northwestern University: Northwestern University accepts differences to help in creating new ideas in an inclusive learning environment. The university is in partnership with over one hundred research institutes, opening opportunities for exciting coursework. You’ll also discover online Masters connected to Health Sciences.
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA): The University of California prides itself with its dedication to provide free access to information, free debate and mutual respect and tolerance. The university boasts of 290 medical research centers and institutes. You’ll also find different online Engineering degrees at UCLA.
- New York University (NYU): NYU has been innovating in education since 1831 promoting a vision all over the world to its students. New York University has been designed as a university with a democratic spirit that answers the demands of the American commercial culture. You can enroll in an online Master’s degrees in areas like Business & Management, Computer Science, Engineering and more.
- University of Texas at Austin: The University is committed to connecting students and alumni with profitable job opportunities through industry partnerships. You can find good online Engineering Master’s degrees and lots more to apply for at University of Texas.
- Georgia Institute of Technology: Georgia Institute of Technology is a great place to study particularly if you are a woman as it admits more Women for engineering degrees than any other school.
- Boston University: Boston University is a reputable institution, they received the Sloan Consortium award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education and the United States Distance Learning Association award for 21st Century Best Practices.
- Ohio University: The most represented areas of research at Ohio University are Sustainability, Agriculture, and Health. You can apply for most online Master’s degree courses in Medicine, Business, Education and Social Sciences.
- University of Maryland: University of Maryland is one of the most respected public research universities in United States. The university is associated with the government and businesses for research which is converted into applicable innovation. Apply for online Master’s degrees in Engineering, Computer Science and Medicine.
- University of Pittsburgh: The University boasts of their history of society-changing research that led to beating polio, pioneering the TV and flight. Apart from the fact that they offer high-quality online programs in a wide range of areas, Pitt provides the resources that assist graduate and professional students succeed.
- Fulbright Scholarship: Acceptance Rate, Requirements And Application Process
- Excelsior Scholarship Program USA: Application Requirements, Deadline And How To Apply
- Arkwright Scholarship UK: Requirements And How To Apply
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (Fully Funded): Requirements And How To Apply
- Chevening Scholarship UK For International Students: Requirements And How To Apply
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund USA: Requirements And Application Guide
- Brighter Future Scholarship USA: Requirements And Application Guide
- How To Get UK Student Visa
Final Words On Universities Offering Master’s Degree Online
Online master’s degree programs are very flexible and offers more options when you have a limited time, making them ideal for working adults and career changing professionals.
Was this information useful to you? Read similar posts recommended for you below.
- Chamberlain College Of Nursing – Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements, Tuition, Student Portal And Reviews
- What’s A Good GPA? How To Calculate GPA In College
- Top 10 Distance Learning Courses For Online Study
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate, Tuition And Ranking
- MIT Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses Catalogue, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Penn State Tuition: Penn State University Undergraduate Tuition And Fees
- 10 Best Free Online Classes For Adults You Probably Didn’t Know Exist
- Stevens University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses Catalogue, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Villanova University Ranking, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- USC Tuition, Programs, Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Northeastern University Ranking, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Galen College Of Nursing – Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements, Tuition, Application Process And Reviews
- Naval Postgraduate School Acceptance Rate, Tuition And Admission Requirements